Projects - Drawing I: Weekly Design Blog #3

 Hello friends, I have posted my drawing projects in my drawing I class this semester. 

1. First still life: This is my first still life drawing. I had never drawn any still life before. Here, I have used charcoal as my medium. I recreated this still life using techniques like contour, cross-contour, shadows, cast shadows, and highlights. I am proud of my drawing because I hadn't thought about successfully creating my still life when I started this.


2. Still life trash: For this project, we were assigned to collaborate with a friend to create still life from any waste. My partner and I made our still life using some bones from the prop room in class, flowers, a Coca-Cola can, a plastic bottle, and lids. I used graphite as my medium. It was tough to recreate this still-life, but I made it happen using techniques like shadows, cast shadows on the background, contour, etc. I really loved how it turned out. 


3. Erased highlight image: For this assignment, we were told to set up our own still life without any collaboration with objects and then take a picture of it, edit it, and print it. This time, it was a different one because we did it backward by first creating a background with charcoal and drawing on it with a pointed eraser. It was so much fun because I could use the background as a tool, erase lightly around the object where it is dark, and push where it is light to create a beautiful still life. 


4. Mark-making: This project aimed to create an image based on mark-making with micro pens. I chose an image with lots of darks and lights provided by our professor. It was kind of industrial. I use techniques like stipple, hatch, cross-hatch, and scribbles. I also used watercolors to add depth and value to the drawing. 


5. Master drawing: The master drawing was assigned to us by the second week of our semester. The objective for this project was to choose an image of our liking and recreate it. I chose a picture of Dharahara in Kathmandu, Nepal, my home country, which is why I have a very significant value behind it. 











Comments

Popular Posts